To say that an injury can be life-altering would be an understatement. The negligence of others often results in medical bills, ongoing therapy, lost wages and a lifetime of pain and suffering.
People or companies that have caused serious or fatal injuries need to be held accountable for their actions. If you are the victim of an injury due to the negligence of another party, you could receive financial compensation for the damages suffered.
We have represented injured parties for all types of legal suits from accidents and injuries:
- Catastrophic injuries: This has included broken bones all the way up to paralysis. Serious burns also belong in this category. Learn more here.
- Traumatic brain injury: Serious head trauma that disrupts normal brain function. Your brain is everything, so it’s worth considering legal action if you’ve recently had a head injury. Some symptoms of traumatic brain injury (TBI) include forgetfulness, change in personality, slurred speech, vision issues, depression, and more.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Automobile accidents are extremely common and can lead to devastating results. This category includes injuries that occur after car accidents, truck wrecks, semi-trailer accidents, and motorcycle accidents.
- Workplace injuries: On-the-job injuries sustained at construction sites, manufacturing plants, warehouses, offices, and other workplaces
- Third-party claims: Not every work-related injury is covered by worker’s compensation. This type of legal claim is for people in this category.
- Defective products: You should be able to buy a product and trust that it’ll work properly. You should also expect it to have been tested for safety. Still, companies make mistakes that lead to customer injuries. People have been injured by defective tires, auto parts, toys and children’s products, tools, equipment, and medical devices.
- Medical malpractice: We put our health in the hands of doctors. Medical professionals need to be held accountable for errors that harm patients.
- Hospital or nurse negligence: This includes medication errors, inadequate staffing, and failure to prevent falls and hospital-acquired infections.
- Premises liability: Many warehouses, construction sites, and other business locations put safety as a priority for their employees and guests. However, there are still companies that don’t put emphasis on safety, and people end up with injuries from dangerous property conditions ranging from inadequate railings to fires caused by bad wiring.
- Wrongful death: Families have lost members because someone else was negligent.
As victims battle to recover from these injuries, they must also fight for compensation from the insurance companies and those who caused the accident. That money is desperately needed to cover medical bills, treatment, therapy, and lost wages.
This blog post should not be taken as medical or legal advice. If you’re in Alabama and you’ve been injured, we can help you receive the proper compensation for your injury. Liddon Law Firm works with victims of all types of personal injury cases. Please contact our experienced attorneys to arrange a free initial consultation and case evaluation.