We have represented clients who have suffered a wide range of catastrophic injuries. A serious injury can cause immediate issues for physical and mental health, but it can also destroy life financially.
The more severe your injury, the harder it is to maintain a job and pay the bills. Depending on the seriousness of your injury, you may be able to file a law suit for financial compensation. The following are six injuries that warrant legal action.
1) Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): This happens when you receive a blow to the head serious enough to disrupt normal brain function. TBIs range from mild to severe to fatal. Even mild TBIs can leave you unable to work and support yourself.
2) Spinal Cord Injury (SCI): A spinal cord injury can leave you paralyzed from the waist down (paraplegia) or the neck down (quadriplegia). These life-changing injuries require extensive medical care and assistance with the tasks of daily living.
3) Paralysis: Brain injury, spinal cord injury, stroke, birth injuries, severe burns, and surgical errors are just a few potential causes of paralysis.
4) Electrical Injury: We represent people who were seriously harmed by electrical shock, electrical burns and thermal burns. You may have a legal case if you suffered an arc-flash injury in a workplace accident or experienced a serious shock from a defective wiring.
5) Serious Burns: Burns are among the most painful of all injuries. They leave lifelong physical and emotional scars. We represent people who suffered thermal burns, chemical burns, electrical burns or radiological burns that were caused by the negligence of others.
6) Amputation: Car accidents, unsafe equipment, work accidents, and medical negligence may all lead to an amputation of a body part. An amputation can leave you unable to resume the life you once lived and unable to support yourself and your family. You may need extensive ongoing medical care, prosthetic devices, modifications to your home and an accessible vehicle.
Catastrophic injuries turn lives upside down. The devastation is often compounded because the legal cases about the damages are very complex. Your future quality of life is largely dependent on the success of your personal injury claim. When the stakes are this high, it is essential to select an experienced law firm with a record of success in catastrophic injury cases. You need to know that you are taken care of and getting enough compensation for future care and medical bills.
This blog post should not be taken as medical or legal advice. If you’re in Alabama and you’ve been injured, we can help you receive compensation. Liddon Law Firm works with victims of all types of catastrophic injuries. Please contact our attorneys to arrange a free initial consultation and case evaluation.
Call 205-224-5675 today for a free consultation with our Birmingham law firm.