Everything you are comes from your brain. If you get a severe head injury, it can completely change who you are and how you experience life. According to the Brain Injury Association of America, there are two kinds of brain injuries.
People can have non-traumatic brain injuries, which are caused by internal forces such as seizures, tumors, strokes, and many other events. Then there is traumatic brain injury (TBI, which comes when your head is impacted by an outside force.
You may not be able to file a legal claim to help cover your medical bills for a non-traumatic brain injury, but you might have a case if you’ve suffered a traumatic brain injury. The following are five causes of TBI that could lead to legal action:
- Automobile Accidents, especially if they involved a commercial vehicle.
- Falls. This could include falling at an amusement park or at your workplace. If you fall and land on your head, the owner of the business might be at fault.
- Violence. Assaults, child abuse, and domestic violence are sad realities that lead to TBI.
- Sports. Everyone’s been talking about CTE in the National Football League, and for good reason. It’s a devastating condition caused by repeated blows to the head. Football isn’t the only sport that’s caused CTE, so you may have a case no matter what sport you’ve played.
- Military Action. This could happen during battle as the result of explosions and other events.
These are only five causes of TBI, but there are more. If you’ve been injured as a result of a blow to the head, please seek medical attention as soon as possible.
This blog post should not be taken as medical or legal advice. If you’re in Alabama and you’ve experienced a traumatic brain injury, we can help you receive compensation.
Liddon Law Firm understands TBIs and we are experienced in recovering compensation on behalf of victims and their families. We quickly identify the symptoms of brain damage and help you get the treatment you need — as well as the damages you deserve.