You didn’t choose to be injured. You were doing well and had a lot going for you. But then you got into an accident that resulted in catastrophic health issues. Maybe you ended up with a traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, severe burns, or even amputation or paralysis.
You may have a case to receive financial compensation, but you won’t be able to win without an experienced attorney. We have helped injured people in central and northern Alabama get the highest amount of compensation possible. Here are five steps our injury lawyers will take to help you.
- A thorough investigation of the case. We visit the scene where the injury occurred and interview witnesses as well as your family, friends, and colleagues.
- Identification of all possible sources of financial compensation.
- Development of an effective case strategy as early as possible.
- Weaving the facts of your case into a compelling and relatable story that juries can easily understand.
- Case preparation for trial. Our reputation for success at trial often results in a favorable settlement outside of court.
This blog post should not be taken as legal advice. If you’re in Alabama and you’ve been seriously injured, we can help you receive compensation.
Liddon Law Firm focuses its practice on personal injury cases involving life-altering injuries. Our firm has won more than $100 million in financial compensation for seriously injured individuals. You can trust us with your financial futures because of our record of success and our reputation for personal service.
Call 205-224-5675 today or fill out the form for a free consultation with our Birmingham, Alabama law firm.
To say that an injury can be life-altering would be an understatement. The negligence of others often results in medical bills, ongoing therapy, lost wages and a lifetime of pain and suffering.
People or companies that have caused serious or fatal injuries need to be held accountable for their actions. If you are the victim of an injury, you could receive financial compensation for the damages suffered.
We have represented victims of these types of legal suits from accidents and injuries:
- Catastrophic injuries: This has included broken bones all the way up to paralysis. Serious burns also belong in this category. Learn more here.
- Traumatic brain injury: Serious head trauma that disrupts normal brain function. Your brain is everything, so it’s worth considering legal action if you’ve recently had a head injury. Some symptoms of traumatic brain injury (TBI) include forgetfulness, change in personality, slurred speech, vision issues, depression, and more.
- Motor vehicle accidents: Automobile accidents are extremely common and can lead to devastating results. This category includes injuries that occur after car accidents, truck wrecks, semi-trailer accidents, and motorcycle accidents.
- Workplace injuries: On-the-job injuries sustained at construction sites, manufacturing plants, warehouses, offices, and other workplaces
- Third-party claims: Not every work-related injury is covered by worker’s compensation. This type of legal claim is for people in this category.
- Defective products: You should be able to buy a product and trust that it’ll work properly. You should also expect it to have been tested for safety. Still, companies make mistakes that lead to customer injuries. People have been injured by defective tires, auto parts, toys and children’s products, tools, equipment, and medical devices.
- Medical malpractice: We put our health in the hands of doctors. Medical professionals need to be held accountable for errors that harm patients.
- Hospital or nurse negligence: This includes medication errors, inadequate staffing, and failure to prevent falls and hospital-acquired infections.
- Premises liability: Many warehouses, construction sites, and other business locations put safety as a prior for their employees and guests. However, there are still companies that don’t put emphasis on safety, and people end up with injuries from dangerous property conditions ranging from inadequate railings to fires caused by bad wiring
- Wrongful death: Families have lost members because someone else was negligent.
As victims battle to recover from these injuries, they must also fight for compensation from the insurance companies and those who caused the accident. That money is desperately needed to cover medical bills, treatment, therapy, and lost wages.
This blog post should not be taken as medical or legal advice. If you’re in Alabama and you’ve been injured, we can help you receive compensation. Liddon Law Firm works with victims of all types of catastrophic injuries. Please contact our attorneys to arrange a free initial consultation and case evaluation.
Call 205-224-5675 today for a free consultation with our Birmingham law firm.
A crash on Wednesday morning has resulted in the death of three people – two children and their grandmother. According to officials, Alabama State troopers identified a 47-year-old Locust Form woman as well as her 7-year-old granddaughter. Officials pronounced them both dead on the scene. The other granddaughter, aged 5, was rushed to a nearby Blount hospital for treatment but was also pronounced dead.
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) of Massachusetts has released their latest findings regarding distracted driving in a new study. The study, which took into account hundreds of thousands of drivers, showed that distraction by phone occurred in 52 percent of trips that resulted in a crash.
An Alabama jury recently agreed that Dollar General was responsible for serious injuries a customer suffered—and awarded $1.725 million in damages to the injured customer in a verdict commentators are calling one of the largest such verdicts in the country, according to a recent article from AL.com.