There’s no point in sugarcoating it. Medical malpractice claims are extremely difficult to win. Only people who have suffered serious, permanent injury are likely to be successful in a medical negligence claim.
That being said, if you have suffered greatly as a result of medical malpractice, you could potentially receive compensation to pay for your medical bills and personal anguish. You might have a case for a medical malpractice case if you:
1) Have a baby who suffers from cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, or other birth-related injuries as a result of hospital negligence.
2) Were harmed by your doctor during surgery after they performed the wrong procedure, left instruments in your body, damaged organs or nerves, or other potential surgical negligence.
3) Have a very serious illness (cancer, stroke, pulmonary embolism, etc.) but your doctor misdiagnosed it as something minor.
4) Suffered a potentially life-threatening infection from visiting an unsanitary hospital.
5) Experienced a life-threatening event after you went to the hospital with severe symptoms and the hospital sent you home without properly handling your situation.
If any of these descriptions match your experience, you may have a chance of winning a medical malpractice claim. But you can’t do it alone and the only way to have success is with the help of a skilled, experienced attorney. Learn more about our medical malpractice attorneys here.
Contact Our Experienced Birmingham Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Were you or a member of your family harmed by medical malpractice? Please contact the attorneys of the Liddon Law Firm in Birmingham to arrange a free initial consultation and case evaluation. From our office in Birmingham, we represent injured people in Jefferson County, Tuscaloosa County and throughout central and northern Alabama.